Winter the most romantic, beautiful and favourite season of many demands a bit more attention to your skin and hair. Generally winter skin care is what all of us keep in mind but it is a fact that like summer, winter too has an inverse effect on hair. Winter hair care aims at keeping the hair from getting dry, brittle and discolored. Here are some winter hair problems and tips. we will be holding our coffee mugs and will be wearing sweaters to keep ourselves warm. In winters just the way we take care of ourselves and prevent ourselves from the cold weather, our hair also need a lot of care.The dry and cold winter can be very damaging to your hair. Hair easily becomes dry during this time of year from the dry indoor heating and the dry cold weather outside.Cold season is a dry season and that is why we put lots and lots of moisturizer and body butter on ourselves. Our hair needs the same sort of moisturizing. Winter hair care can be very tricky. A few hair care tips will guide you how to go about it and have shiny hair throughout winters.
A good hair conditioner is recommended on a daily basis, as conditioners prevent your hair from getting dry and dry hair leads to damaged hair. In winters we usually use hot water to wash our hair which can be extremely harmful to our hair. Instead of washing your hair from hot water, wash them with warm or cold water. The cold water will also give an extra shine to your hair.
It is recommended to dry your hair before going out in the cold. The cold and wind encourages a great deal of split ends which is the worst hair damage. In winter hair care hair dryers are not recommended as the objective in winters is to keep your hair moistened whereas hair dryers further dry them. Even if you have to use the hair dryer then put it on the ‘cool’ settings so that the dryer will throw cool air instead of hot air which can bring damaged hair.
In winters make sure to use the products which have ‘Replenish’ written on them because it means to moisture. The best winter hair care tip is to keep your hair moistened by a number of ways. Aloe Vera juice is very moisturizing and healthy for hair in winters. Massage Aloe Vera juice on scalp and it will prevent dry hair and will also bring a shine.
some more tips about Hair Care in Winter
- Limit the use of blow dryers and curling irons. If you must use them, try using a leave-in conditioner first. Diffuse it on low heat, concentrating on the roots. The less you deal with styling tools, the better off you’ll be.
- Don’t go outside with a wet head. Aside from the fact that your mother will yell, you risk breakage. If your hair freezes, it may break.
- Check out your hair spray to make sure it doesn’t have a high alcohol content. Likewise avoid spraying perfume in your hair. Both tend to make hair feel dry and brittle.
- A humidifier can help by adding moisture to the air, which cuts down on static. Also drinking a lot of water will keep you hydrated on the inside.
- Regular trims every 8–10 weeks are important to get rid of parched ends and give curls more bounce.
- If you want to supplement your store-brought products with an all natural treatment, put a few drops of warm, natural oil—olive, safflower, avocado, or jojoba—in the palm of your hand, rub ’til the skin glistens, then starting at the ends, work upwards to the roots. Leave on overnight.