indoor plants make your home more beautiful. Indoor plants give great look to home.If you think indoor plants great for house so, you know too plants need some care for become make your house or office more beautiful.Plant lovers like to see plants and flowers around them everywhere, indoors or outdoors. Indoor planting is a hobby or activity that not only satisfies the aesthetic sense of any person but also gives a brighter and fresher look to the area around. Well they can also prove to be a very good source of providing fresh oxygen to people within closed places too like homes where ventilation is usually not well both in summers and winter due to being remaining packed. It is really easy and just few cares are needed to be taken to make indoor plants thrive but still people fail to do that. The reason for this is that most of the people do not know how to maintain the indoor plants actually.
Here some tips and setups for care house plants for growing good.
Easy steps to Handle Indoor Plants
Cactus is one of the most preferable indoor plants if you don’t want to be too much devoted towards taking care of plats all the time yet enjoy the beauty of indoor plants. There are many types of cacti from which you can choose accordingly with your idea of good indoor plants size, shape and style. But the most preferable of all the cacti in indoor plants is a Christmas Cacti. It blooms also once in a while and this adds more color to your home too. Moreover, all you need to do is just water it once a week and that’s it.
The Chinese Evergreen:
This is one of those indoor plants which are truly for those who are true lovers of big green leaves with a little bit shade of some other colors. The green and white leaves of this wonderful plant will brighten up your day instantly. Moreover, its size is perfect in indoor plants and you can keep it anywhere you want. The Chinese Evergreen goes well even with a bit colder weather too and it is one of those indoor plants for which you don’t even have to water regularly. It requires very little water to grow well and keep looking beautiful as one of your ideal indoor plants.
The Lucky Bamboo:
The Lucky Bamboo is one of the most loved office plants in indoor plants. It is ideal for all those places where anyone hardly has time to look after the indoor plants, yet want a breath of fresh air by adding a natural element to the indoor area. The size of this plant is really good as compared to other indoor plants and it can be kept on desks, over the cupboards, on fireplaces etc easily. Another good thing about it is that apart from being one of the most preferable indoor plants, it is thought that it brings luck too. Therefore, make a space for it soon in your workplace or home and see if these types of indoor plants become your lucky charm or not.
There is an endless variety of indoor plants which you can keep easily without getting much into the hassle of taking care of them. All you need to do is keep a good eye on all those indoor plants which can be easy to handle for you and just follow simple tricks and tips to take care of them once in a while.
Lighting Requirements for House Plants
The amount and the intensity of the light that the plant receives dictates much of a plant’s life cycle.
Even though a plant that originated in a jungle (where it thrives in the shade of trees) appears to be getting plenty of light, the intensity of the light indoors is going to be much lower than what it needs.
Insufficient light usually manifests itself with paler foliage, lanky growth, and general lack of luster.
When this happens you must do whatever you can to increase the light intensity for that plant.
This can usually be rectified by moving the plant closer to the window, or moving it to another room with different light exposure. When you change the light drastically for a house plant do it gradually to accustomize to the brighter light.
Plants will sunburn if they are put into too bright of a light after their skins have become tender from lack of light.
Plants should never be placed between a curtain and the window if the nights are cold, even if they are sun lovers. It is better to have a sheer curtain which will admit the light, and have the plant in the heated area.
Growing House Plants Under Lights
It isn’t necessary for your plant to even know that it is winter.
You can dictate many of your plants functions by giving them supplemental artificial light. There are ‘grow lights’ on the market today that successfully imitate natural sun.
These lights aren’t perfect, and if they are the sole source of lighting, it will be necessary to have them on for 12-16 hours each day. It is a good idea to have them set on a timer so that the light hours are regular.
If your intent is just to fool your plant into thinking that it is a certain season for blooming or whatever reason, you can set the timer to come on as the light begins to fade, and make your house plants day as long as you’d like. Many flowering plants and foliage plants actually do better indoors when grown under artificial lights.
- Always water the soil in flower pot directly never water the foliage because the same will remain the problem no direct or very less indirect sunlight will let them remain moist for longer and this may cause the development of bacteria. Water the soil until it starts to drain..
- Do not keep plants new windowsills at night do remember to remove them from there because definitely the plants would like to have sunlight at day time through the window but as nights are colder specially during winters so this may kill your indoor plants.
- There should be an even temperature maintained throughout the whole day variations in temperature all day long will harm your indoor plants so normally at day time maintain temperature somewhere from 65 to 75 Fahrenheit while at night it should be no less than 55 Fahrenheit.
- The plants needing high humidity levels like Orchids should be placed either in kitchens or in bathrooms as they’ll do very well there.
- Take water soluble plant food each month and fertilize your indoor plants with it but do not fertilize the dormant plants for growth.
- When the plants become too big for their pots you need to report them. Disturb the root system very carefully it should not be destroyed and wait for 3 to 5 days after reporting the plant. This much time is taken by plants to start thriving again when reported.